Dear all, help.
I have a Prestashop webshop which is active for over a year. Everything is configured nicely and is working smooth. Some specs:
– Prestashop version 1.4.1, not updated since it worked well with a theme
– Theme installed, working fine – some tweaks were required but no issues
– Payment features installed, language updated made.
Now I am required to relocate the shop from one URL (installed in a folder) to another URL (main public) at the same serverprovider. However this appears not to be as easy as expected.
I followed these instructions;
This is what I have been able to do;
– I have backup-ed all my files in a local folder
– I have been able to backup database
– I have reinstalled Prestashop – via installtron – old version 1.4.1 (just in case)
– I have copied all files from locla backup folder to active URL using Filezilla – overwriting some of the files –
– I have reinstalled the database, using BigDump.php – which worked
when I go to the main page of the new URL the error I get is; "The requested URL /nl/ was not found on this server." Which is correct, as I had installed both an English and a Dutch (/nl) language version of the Prestashop, but the folder is not there.
Hence the shop won't start. Maybe everything is in place, but I am unable to check if it works.
p.s. I am not a specialist at the hardcore tech-stuff, but I am getting by with what I find online, which helps most of the time.
Who can help me out?
thanks a lot in advance!!!!